Weather Alert

Electric Turkey Smoker Starts Fire

Firefighters in Portland say that a house fire in the early morning hours was sparked by an electric turkey smoker placed too close to the home.

Portland Fire & Rescue said earlier today that a mail delivery person spotted sparks and smoke at the home shortly after 5 a.m. and called 911 before alerting the occupants.

Two adults, one child and three cats made it out safely.

Damage to the home is estimated at $75,000.

Connect With Us Listen To Us On