Clark County Family Narrowly Escapes House Fire

WOODLAND, Ore. — A home on Northwest Hayes Road east of Woodland was destroyed in a fire early Friday morning.

Children woke up because of fire in the living room and got the rest of the family up and out.

“The family of 5 was able to barely make it out of the home with no time to spare,” said Clark-Cowlitz Fire Rescue.

The family had been burning candles because of a power outage from a vehicle crash in the area.  Firefighters urge against leaving any candles or open flames unattended.

More about: