Weather Alert

1 Dead, 1 Hospitalized In SE Portland RV Fire

Courtesy: MGN

PORTLAND, Ore. — An RV went up in flames in Southeast Portland early Tuesday morning, killing one person and a dog.  A second person was treated for smoke inhalation.

The fire started just before 2:00am on Southeast Rhine Street just east of 136th.

Investigators say the improper use of a propane heater to keep the victims warm sparked the fire.

“Some of our most vulnerable populations – our unhoused neighbors, those struggling with mental health issues, and people simply trying to stay warm and survive – are dying in fires.  Portland Fire & Rescue will be enhancing our efforts with community-based advocacy groups, city partners, city leadership and our business community to find holistic solutions. This is a community health crisis and the only way we are going to see change happen is if everyone is involved,” said Chief Sara Boone.


Connect With Us Listen To Us On