Weather Alert

Propane BBQ Blamed for Deadly Van Fire

PORTLAND, Ore. (AP) – Authorities say a Portland van fire that killed two people Monday was caused by a propane barbecue that was being used as a heat source.

Portland Fire & Rescue says authorities responded to the fire at North Vancouver Way and Northeast Middlefield Road shortly before 6:30 a.m. and found a woman and man dead inside a vehicle.

Nearby residents told authorities that there were signs that people had been living in the van for the previous two weeks. Authorities say a cyclist who saw the flames Monday tried to alert anyone inside but the flames were too intense.

The names of the people killed haven’t been released.


Connect With Us Listen To Us On