Milwaukie, Oregon – We’re now hearing from a Milwaukie mother who’s son was rescued from a burning home. Tammi Wilson was in the backyard waiting for dinner when the fire broke out last week. She tells News Partner KGW she ran inside to get her son with special needs, but the house filled with smoke, and her son locked himself inside a bathroom. Wilson’s son is still recovering in the hospital. Doctors say it could be weeks,maybe even months before he’s released. The Wilson’s have set up a GO-FUND-ME account to help pay for medical expenses.
Here’s what they say on the Go Fund Me Page –
The Kruger/Wilson family is asking for your support. Last night(Thursday) a kitchen grease fire destroyed the home of Tammi Kruger Wilson, Kevin Wilson and their son Timm. Timm, age 19, is autistic with Downs Syndrome and was critically injured in the fire. He is currently in critical but stable condition at Emanuel Burn Center. The house and belongings are a total loss and we are asking for the communities support. Timm is well known in the Milwaukee school system as well as the Special Olympics. Any donations will go directly to supporting the family and meeting their basic needs in this difficult time. We would like to thank the Clackamas County Fire Department for their heroic efforts in saving Timm’s life.
More photos from the Go Fund Me Page –