Jeff Austin is a traffic reporter extraordinaire! He’s also a Pug lover! Jeff and his family already have Izzy, and now they’re adopting a new pug. She needs a name, so we’re asking for your help. She’s a puppy and golden-colored. By the way, our listener Ron sent in a picture of his pug named Butters:
You can suggest a name by leaving us a Facebook message or calling our KXL Listener Line at 503-517-6101. Jeff says he and his family will consider all the names.
So far the suggestions are:
Bizzy (rhymes with his other dog Izzy)
Signal (a traffic related name )
Ronnie (short for Veronica)
Frank (a play on Jeff’s love for hotdogs)
Mollie the Pugette
Zsa Zsa da Pug
Pickles (suggested by KGW Meteorologist Rod Hill)
Photo of Izzy by Jeff Austin
Deb sent in a suggestion that he name her a Chinese name since they originated in that country.
- Ang: “Spirited,” which is great for a Pug that likes to bounce around the house.
- Cai: “Full of color,” if your puppy has a colorful personality, this name will fit.
- Kan tung: “Affectionate,” if your Pug is the type of dog that always wants to sit on your lap.
- Ming: Chinese dynasty; this is not that unique since everyone who knows about China is familiar with this word.
- Ping: “Cookie,” for little Pug puppies that are already little chowhounds—and it is also great if your puppy comes running every time she hears the microwave ping.
- Tu fei: “Bandit,” for that little puppy that steals your socks as soon as he gets to your house.
Here are more pug pics:
Coney and Frito