Firefighters Injured At NW Portland House Fire Sparked By Heating Lamp
July 15, 2022 5:48PM PDT
PORTLAND, Ore. — Two firefighters were injured while putting out a house fire in Northwest Portland on Friday morning.
A home on NW Eloise Lane just off Cornell Road caught fire around 10:00am.
While doing a search of the property, a firefighter partially fell through a hole that had burned through the first floor and sustained minor injuries. Another was injured while battling the blaze from outside the house.
A heating lamp for a pet cage caught fire and burned a hole through the floor that spread into a crawl space below and burned a second hole through the floor of another room.
There were several pets inside the home. Crews rescued a turtle, but unfortunately, two guinea pigs and a rabbit perished.