Cause Found For Deadly Apartment Fire In NE PDX

Portland, Oregon – An apartment went up in flames early this morning in Northeast Portland, at least one person and some pets did not make it out. It broke out just before 3:30am on NE 160th between Burnside and Glisan. When fire fighters arrived at the single story apartment one unit was fully involved in flames, and they were concerned it could spread to other units. Crews had the fire out within minutes. We heard on the emergency scanner radio that crews could hear people screaming when they arrived. Witnesses who live nearby say it was a Grandma inside the fire who didn’t make it out.  Three relatives including an 8 year old girl were sent to the hospital with smoke inhalation.  4 pets died too.  The Red Cross was called in to help  survivors.

Cause of the fire is a faulty electrical cord.  Investigators say smoke alarms did not have any batteries in them.

 

Images courtesy of Rosemary Reynolds.

SHARE

RELATED CONTENT

Deadly Hit & Run In Hillsboro; Driver Still On The Run Memorial Grows For Family Murdered At Canby Home Vancouver Fire, Burns Businesses Portland Police Arrests Man In Lawyer’s Cold-Case Murder Blazer Fans Possibly Exposed To Measles OHA: Discharges of 17 Mentally Ill Patients Not Right
Comments