2-Alarm Fire Destroys Home
The Jefferson Fire District responded to a house fire early Saturday morning, finding a double wide manufactured home completely engulfed in flames. The duty officer on scene called in a second alarm.
The homeowners, Ken and Michelle DuClose as well as Ken's brother Mike, were already out of the house, however, their pet Yorkshire terrier and cat did not make it out.
Michelle told fire officials that she awoke to a sound and then realized it was the
The house was already full of
Her husband tried to extinguish
the fire and realized the fire was too big when he, Michelle and Mike ran out
of the house.
A neighbor saw the flames
and called 911.
At this time the possible cause of the fire may be due to
an unattended burning candle. Estimated
damages are approximately $170,000. There were no injuries.