Five Tips For Tastier Burgers!
Here are my top five tips on how to ensure you get the most enjoyment out of the burgers you cook at home:
1) Choose regular hamburger--with a fat content of at least 18%. You want the fat to help provide flavor, moisture and keep the burger meat together on the grill. Lean or extra lean meat dries out too easily and the burger crumbles on the grill.
2) When hand-forming the patties---strive for uniformity of thickness and diameter. It will help ensure that the burgers cook evenly and consistently.
3) Also, when forming patties---don't over compress the meat--leave some air space in the meat so that the burgers will cook more evenly and the patties will be more tender.
4) NEVER mush the burger pattie with your spatula while cooking. You force out the juice-resulting in a dried out burger.
5) Experiment-try using different breads, condiments and cheeses and vegetables to make your burgers exciting, exotic and memorable!
Surprisingly enough---we eat approximately 3 three burgers a week per capita consumption. That's 156 burgers minimum per year! Some people eat even more than that!