12-Year-Old Hero Out Of Hospital
October 19, 2012, 7:47 am
A 12-year-old Vernonia boy has been released from the hospital one week after saving his grandmother from a raging fire.
Rose Cutright was at home with her grandson Seth and lit a cigarette. Seth saw a flash of light. Gas from a propane heater leaked, catching both the house and grandma on fire.
Seth, who is only 4'11", carried her out the front door, down a flight of stairs and up the driveway.
The Oregonian reports the boy was released after being treated for severe burns to his face, hands, knees and ankles. Seth will find out next week if he'll need skin grafts. His grandmother remains in critical condition at the Oregon Burn Center.