Faulty Sub-Woofer Cause Of Vancouver Fire
December 13, 2011, 2:15 pm
A house fire last Friday in Vancouver has
been ruled accidental. The Clark County Fire Marshal's Office says the fire at 3405 NW 122nd Street,
started with an unspecified electrical failure in a home theater sub-woofer. The
fire was contained to the living room where the home theater system was
located. There was heavy smoke damage throughout the split-level home. The fire
caused an estimated $120,000 in damages to the home's structure and an
additional $70,000 to its contents.
A woman who
lives in the house says she had been gone 20 minutes when the fire
started. She returned to find her home
full of smoke then ran to a neighbor's house and called 911. The Red Cross was helping the family find a
temporary place to stay.