Poisoned Eagle Released Back Into The Wild
September 20, 2013, 2:12 pm
By Pat Boyle
Longview, Washington - An eagle found in Longview suffering from severe lead poisoning back in May has been nursed back to health and has been released right where he was found at Abernathy Creek. The Portland Audubon Society's Lacey Campbell says the rehab involved twice daily injections. It is believed the eagle was poisoned after eating an animal that had been shot with lead. Campbell says it was amazing to watch the eagle taste freedom for the first time in four months.