This is by means not a complete list. However, these grill accessories certainly top the list when it comes to either stupid or waste of money. I'm not a big gadget/accessory guy myself. I like practical, simple, useful grill accessories. Give me a pair of tongs and thermometers any day, and I'm a happy outdoor cookin' kind of guy!
1) Grill Clips===like long, aluminum hair clips. Insert asparagus, bacon, etc and grill. It crushes what's inbetween the clips. And how are you going to SAFELY remove whats in the clip after removing it from a hot grill? STUPID AND UN-SAFE!
2) Creme Brulee dishes---you're supposed to use these to create creme brulee on your grill. Only problem is, high heat is going to ruin the custard set-up. Why not use a blow torch like 99% of the world's chefs? STUPID and UNNECESSARY!
3) Grill Sgt. Apron===imagine walking around with a six-pack of beer slung across your chest? Might be okay for a while, but the beer's going to get hot--especially leaning over a working grill or barbecue--not to mention body heat adding to the mix. Keep the beer on ice until you need to pop another one open. Just looks stupid!
4) Ham Dogger==allows you to take ground beef and form it into hot dog shapes. Thats right, we'll disguise ground beef as a hot dog. They'll never know the difference! God gave you two hands. Put em to good use. Interesting way to cook ground beef though.
5) Motorized/Steaming Grill Brush---the ultimate in LAZY! A little elbow grease, tin foil or a new brush will be far more effective. This contraption takes 8 double A batteries to power!
6) Handrail BBQ Grilll---supposidly clips on to your balcony rail and provides
a habachi type grill. Doesnt look sturdy at all--DANGEROUS for so many reasons.
And OPEN FLAME grills are against the fire code in all 50 states in apartment,
condo settings. A lawsuit waiting to happen. Fortunately not sold in the