Father of Girl Burned at OHSU Suing for $1.5 million
April 16, 2013, 6:14 pm
Stephen Lane has filed a $1.5 million dollar lawsuit against OHSU. His daughter Ireland received burns over 18% of her body last February when she caught fire in a bizarre accident.
Ireland is a cancer patient and was receiving treatment at the hospital. She had olive oil on her shirt and used hand sanitizer to try and clean up. After scrubbing on her shirt with a paper towel a spark ignited and she burst into flames.
Stephen says he is suing not to punish OHSU, but to cover future medical expenses for his daughter. He is also suing the hand sanitizer company because they did not have anything about static electricity on their label.