Fire Nearly Destroys Damascus Home
March 26, 2013, 5:59 pm
A Damascus family nearly lost their home on Monday morning. They were gone when the house on Borges Road near 222nd Drive caught fire just after 6:30. Two dogs escaped on their own.
Someone passing by the house called 9-1-1 seeing heavy smoke on the roof.
It was caused by an aquarium heat lamp that was too close to a roll of paper. The damage is said to near $150,000. Firefighters say it's best to keep anything that can burn at least three feet away from heat sources.