Firefighter Ablaze In Camas
February 28, 2013, 2:12 pm
There's a reason why firefighters don't enter homes or buildings alone, and why they wear the gear they do. A firefighter with the Camas-Washougal Department was on the second floor of a townhouse when something fell from a windowsill and exploded, catching him on fire.
A fellow firefighter turned the hose on his partner to put him out. He was not injured because of the protective gear.
Somebody who lives at the home on SE Weir Street in Camas was using a lighter to see under their bed, and it caught fire shortly thereafter.