November 30, 2011, 4:15 pmFire investigators have found the cause of Sunday night's explosion at Northwest 5th and Everett. A woman was cooking tofu when a pan of grease overheated and ignited. She put it in a sink and the water caused a flare-up of oil and steam. Those high-pressure gases over-pressurized the studio and sparked an explosion.
- Cover the pan and turn the stove off
- Only use baking soda or an approved extinguisher on the fire (no flour or water)
- Do not move a pan until cooled completely
-If a fire
extends, or you are unable to immediately extinguish it, evacuate all occupants
and call 9-1-1 immediately