Imagine hearing on the news that your childhood home was on fire and not knowing if you're family was dead or alive. 22-year-old Ashley Adams raced to her parent's home on SE Laurel Street and Linden Lane this morning to find it was significantly damaged.
Her parents and three siblings got out okay, but a family pet died in the fire. A second dog outside in the back yard scratched at the door until his owners woke up. It saved precious time because the smoke alarms hadn't gone off yet.
Ashley, now married, says she lived there from first grade until two years ago.